Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Off to Glasgow!

I was following the World Cup in Germany last week and am now so excited for this weekend's event in Glasgow! Not only that, but I get to meet up with the Olympic team again, and we haven't been reunited all at once since the Games, so that will be fantastic.

Recently, I have visited High Peak Gymnastics Club, and soon I will be visiting Glossop gymnastics Club which are my two most local clubs to where I live I think. It was really nice seeing the enthusiasm and upcoming talent of young gymnasts again, clearly really enjoying themselves and eager to learn and improve after being inspired by the Olympics. If you would like me to come and visit your club please contact British Gymnastics @bgmediateam.

I have also started a bit of motivational speaking. I talked about my journey to the Olympics, sacrifices and success to the Soroptimist International of Stockport, and it was a pleasure to do so and share the evening with them. I am also very busy doing A Level work however, so if you would like me to come and talk at your club or society, it may be possible to arrange a date, although it may be a few months in advance.

I am still receiving wonderful letters from those inspired by the Olympic Games and it's great to see so much new spark and energy for gymnastics as a sport! If you would like to send me something please send it to Lilleshall National Sports Centre, and include a stamped addressed envelope for me to return! (Unfotunately I can't afford to buy unlimited amounts of stamps and envelopes myself).

This Sunday I am starting off a fun-run 'Santa Dash' for Christie's in Macclesfield and next Thursday I am judging my school's end of year Christmas gymnastics competition, which I'm sure will be lots of fun!


2 comments:

  1. Hurray! I'm the first person comment on your blog! I'm a big fan of you since the last olympic. I'm really looking for to see you on next time as well! Go pinches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I can already tell this is going to get used, a lot mate!! The mere fact that you can write in structured paragraphs probably had you jumping about your room... Finally a way to write more than 140 characters and all you need to do is share the link on twitter! Easy!...
    May through you a background over in an email later if I get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete